Recipe: Vegan Blueberry Muffins
Updated: Jun 29
By: Erin Pomfret and Anastasia Papadimitriou
These vegan muffins are moist, rich, and bursting with blueberries
and lemon zest in every bite. They are the perfect morning pastry or
a midday snack.
Prep time: 10 min.
Cook time: 20 min.
1 cup soy milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup + 2tbsp. granulated sugar
¼ cup + 2 tbsp. canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
zest of 1 lemon
1½ – 2 cups fresh blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a small bowl combine soy milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside to allow milk to curdle.
3. In a larger bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, canola oil, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Add soy milk/vinegar mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the dry ingredients until well incorporated. Be careful not to over-mix – a few lumps are okay. Gently fold in the blueberries.
4. Spoon into muffin tins, filling each cup about ¾ full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
5. Remove from heat and allow muffins to cool before removing from the pan.